Sunday, September 25, 2011

Translation of Jesus' Letter to Thyatira




And to the angel which is in the fellowship of Thyatira, write: 

This says the Son of God, who has the eyes as a flame of fire and his feet are like brass. 

I know your deeds and your love and faithfulness and service and your endurance and your later deeds are greater than the first.  

But I have against you that you forgive the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet and she teaches and leads astray my slaves to commit sexual immorality and to eat that which is sacrificed to idols.  I gave her time so that she would repent, and she does not want to repent of her sexual immorality.  Behold I throw her to a couch and those who commit adultery with her into great suffering unless they repent of her deeds.  And I will kill her children with death and all the fellowships will know that I am the one who examines the minds and hearts and I will give to each of you according to your deeds.  

And I say to you, the rest of those in Thyatira, who do not have this teaching, who have not known the "deep things of Satan" as they call them, I put upon you no other burden.  But what you take hold of until I come.  

And he who conquers and he who keeps my deeds until the end I will give to him authority over the nations and he will watch over them with a rod of iron as the vessels of the potter are broken, as I also have received from my Father. And I will give to him the morning star.  

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the fellowships.  

No comments:

Post a Comment