Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Letter To The Evangelicals

(A less-than-literal translation of Revelation 2:1-9, the letter to Ephesus)

John, take this dictation.


To the Power which rules over the congregation of Jesus’ people, the Evangelicals:

This is from the King, who rules over God’s stars, the Powers that stand before God.
This is from the High Priest of the congregations, who brings the prayers of the people of God to God’s throne.

I know all that you have done for Me, all of your service.  I know that you have upheld my name despite those who deny me.  I know that you won’t put up with false teachers, but test every so called “apostle” or “prophet” or “teacher” that comes in my name.  Some you have found to be untrue, denying Me, and you have rightly labeled them “heretics”.

I know that some have attacked you because of your stand for me, and yet you are ready to continue to be standing on my behalf.

But there is a serious issue that I take stand against you:  You have walked away from the love you initially lived out.  You would be kind to all my brothers, helping the weak, and now you deny them, and so you deny Me.  You have forsaken your love for the needy and so forsaken Me.

Correct yourself.  Remember the acts you did previously and do them again.  If you do not, I will take you from God’s presence and your prayers will not be heard.  Heaven will become a ceiling to you, unless you renew your love.

Admittedly, you are opposed to the “Victorious People”, whom I am opposed to as well.
If anyone can hear, then pay attention to the Spirit’s word to the people of Jesus.

The conquering heroes will receive fruit from the tree of life and so obtain eternal bliss in the paradise of God.





No comments:

Post a Comment