Friday, September 23, 2011

Jesus Letter to Pergamum



And to the angel of the fellowship in Pergamum, write: 

This says the one who has the sharp two-edged sword: 

I know where you live, where the throne of Satan is and you hold to my name and did not deny my faith even in the days of Antipas, my witness, my faithful one, who was killed from you where Satan lives.  

But I have against you a few things because you have there some who hold the teachings of Balaam, who taught Balak to place a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat meat sacrificed to idols and to commit sexual immorality.  Thus you also have in the same way those who hold to the teaching of the Nikolatians.  

Therefore repent, or else I come to you quickly and I will wage war against them with the sword of my mouth.  He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.  

To him who conquers I will give to him the manna which is hidden and I will give to him a white stone and a new name which is written that no one knows except he who receives.


No comments:

Post a Comment