Friday, December 18, 2009

A Literal Translation of Revelation 1

The uncovering of Jesus Christ, which God give to show to his slaves that which must quickly happen, and sending it, he made it known by his angel to his slave John who testified to the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ everything he saw. Blessed is the one who recites and are those who hear the words of this prophecy and who keep that which is written in it, for the time is near.

John to the seven fellowships which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come and from the seven spirits who are before His throne and from Jesus Christ, the Witness, the Faithful One, The Firstborn of the dead and the Ruler of the kings of earth. To him who loves us and loosed us from our sins by his blood and He has made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father, to him the glory and the might in the ages. Amen.


Behold he comes with clouds and every eye will see him and those who pierced him and every tribe on earth will mourn concerning him. Yes, amen.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "Who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

I, John, your brother and co-fellowshipper in the suffering and kingdom and endurance in Jesus was on the island which is called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. I was in the Spirit on the day of the Lord and I heard behind me a great voice like a trumpet, saying, "What you see write in a book and send to the seven churches: To Ephesus, and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodikia."

And I turned around to see the voice which was speaking with me and having turned I saw seven golden lampstands and in the middle of the lampstands was one like a son of man, being dressed in a long robe and a golden sash being wrapped around his chest. His head and his hairs were as white wool, as snow, and his eyes as a flame of fire. And his feet were like polished brass as burned in a furnace and his voice as the sound of many waters. And having in his right hand seven stars and from his mouth came out a sharp two-edged sword and his face as the sun shining in its strength.

And when I saw him, I fell toward his feet as dead and he placed his right upon me saying, "Do not fear. I am the first and the last and the living and I was dead and behold I am alive for age upon ages and I have the keys of death and of Hades. Therefore write what you have seen and what you see and what is about to happen after these things. The mystery of the seven stars which you saw upon my right and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are angels of the seven fellowships. And the seven lampstands are the seven fellowships.”

No comments:

Post a Comment